Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Years!

Well it is New Years Day, so Happy New Year everyone! I have been doing some cleaning up in my sewing area and trying to plan what to do next. I finally finished up my bias checked skirt which has been waiting for a hem and some handsewing around the lining and zipper for almost a year. It is a Burda plus-size pattern that was very easy and I even sprung for an ivory sweater to go with it.
Due to the skirt being on the bias I used Steam a Seam to stablize the edge of the hem and then top-stitiched. I was quite pleased with the results.


I have just a few hand stitches to finish up a dress I started back in early December. I am trying to finish a UFO for every one project that I start. Of course I tend to cut out multiple outifts and I don't finish them all before I start something new and there are also those things that are in various states of finish!

I have to make a new tote bag for work because even though the one I use everyday is still in good shape, but I just want something new I was thinking of the pattern below, I just have to get into my fabric and pick some out.



2 comments:

  1. I love that pocket tote pattern, but then I'm a sucker for bags at the best of times....lol I love making bags too, but I'll leave the clothes making up to you my dear! At best, I'll make things for my DGD but that's it....lol
    Hugs
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, you have outlined some excellent aspects , I likewise believe this s a very excellent website.

    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete